Posts

Showing posts from January, 2019

Buhari begged for vote in Onitsha, Anambra State.

Image
Muhammadu Buhari President Muhammadu Buhari Thursday in Onitsha begged the people of Anambra State to vote for APC, saying that his government means well for them. Buhari who spoke at a presidential campaign rally held at Holy trinity field in Onitsha said his government was working hard on economy, security and the fighting against corruption. The president who first moved to the newly completed Zik’s Mausoleum, where he commissioned the project, was also at the palace of the traditional ruler of Onitsha Kingdom, Igwe Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, where he met traditional rulers in the state. Addressing a mammoth crowd which gathered at the venue, Buhari said, “I am happy to have commissioned the Zik’s Mausoleum, I am just coming from there now. The road from Enugu to here(Onitsha), which was last done during the Abacha time is being done again. “We are also working on the Port Harcourt road to this place too, and I believe the minister of Transport (Rotimi Amechi) has...

Just in: Buhari has sent the proposed new national minimum wage to the National Assembly.

President Mahammadu Buhari has finally forwarded a proposed New National Minimum Wage of N27,000 to the National Assembly. Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, confirmed this when he read Buhari’s letter on the floor of the Senate on Thursday.

Hilarious : Man divorced wife for insisting to vote for Buhari.

A man, Abdullahi Yada’u, has divorced his wife after failing to convince her not to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari  in next month’s presidential election. Mr Yada’u, a resident of Kanam Local Government Area of Plateau State, told BBC Hausa Service on Thursday that he divorced his wife, Hafsat Suleiman, because she insisted on voting for Mr Buhari. The president is seeking re-election on the platform of his party, APC. Mr Yada’u stated that previously, both of them supported Mr Buhari in the 2015 elections. But this time, he felt disappointed with the administration and decided not to vote for him again, he said. “I told her that she must not vote for him but she insisted which led to a quarrel which attracted the attention of our neighbours, I slapped her and told her to choose between voting for Buhari and staying with me. She ran away. “Later her parents called me and I narrated to them what transpired between us. But still my wife insisted on voting ...

Just in: The presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria has withdrawn .

Oby Ezekwesili, the presidential candidate of the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), has withdrawn from the February 16 presidential election, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt. In a statement released early on Thursday morning, Mrs Ezekwesili said she stepped down from the election to help build a coalition to defeat the All Progressive Congress and the peoples Democratic Party in the election. When reached to confirm a statement on her withdrawal from the race to become the number one citizen of the country seen on Twitter, an aide to Ms Ezekwesili, Ozioma Ubabukoh, confirmed that the statement was genuine. “Yes, she has withdrawn. It is true. You can run with it,” he said. A close associate of Mrs Ezekwesili, Aisha Yusufu, also confirmed the withdrawal.

Prominent Nigerians and Organisations yesterday took a swipe at former President Obasanjo

Prominent Nigerians and organisations yesterday took former President Olusegun Obasanjo to the cleaners over his attack on President Muhammadu Buhari. Former National Chairman of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) Alhaji AbdulKarim Daiyabu, the All Progressives Congress in Osun State, Yoruba Ronu Leadership Forum, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Buhari Media Organisation (BMO) faulted the ex-president. Daiyabu Daiyabu, who is also the leader of Forward with Buhari, said Olusegun Obasanjo has no moral right to criticise the President as he is moreguilty of the offences he is accusing the President of. Daiyabu, who spoke at a news conference in Abuja, said Nigerians should ask the former President to account for the huge revenue generated under his watch including the $16 billion wasted on the power sector which produced no power. He also said Obasanjo committed about 125 impeachable offences during his eight years rule, while saying that the PDP was ...

The Nigeria Police Refused to Release Dino Melaye despite Court order which granted him bail.

The Nigeria Police Force has snubbed an order of a Federal Capital Territory High Court which granted Kogi West Senator, Dino Melaye, bail. It was gathered that the police refused to release the lawmaker on Monday despite the fact that Melaye had fulfilled the bail conditions. Our correspondent learnt that the FCT Commissioner of Police, who was served the bail order, declined to release the senator. Findings showed that the police had filed fresh nine charges against the embattled lawmaker and one Silas Omenka.  The charge dated January 14, 2019,was co-signed by Kehinde Oluwole, Malik Taiwo and Seyi Otunla, all of the force legal office, Abuja. Melaye was accused of illegal obstruction of lawful arrest, resisting arrest and accusing the erstwhile Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, of planning to “inject him to death.” One of the charges read in part, “That you Senator Dino Melaye, 45years, representing Kogi West… at about 11am, at your residence… inform th...

Breaking:The Governor of Bayelsa State His Excellency Seriake Dickson has donated 500 mattresses to NYSC members in the state.

Image
Gov Seriake Dickson speaking Governor Seriake Dickson of Baylesa State, has donated additional 500 mattresses to the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members serving in state. Mr Dickson said this was part of his administration efforts at improving the welfare of corps members in the state. The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Mr Dickson was represented by his Senior Special Assistant on NYSC Matters, Kelvin Appah, at the handing over ceremony of the mattresses in Yenagoa, the state capital on Monday. “I remember sometime in 2018, the Governor also donated a total of 200 mattresses to Corps Members’ lodges in the state. “I believe the donation of 500 mattresses today will make it a total of 700 mattresses released to the scheme for the comfort of these patriots. “We are doing this because we are proud of NYSC’s quality service to the state,’’ Mr Appah said. Receiving the mattresses, Loto Bolade, Bayelsa State NYSC Coordinator, thanked the governor for the ...

APC takes over Akwa Ibom as mammoth crowd await the Campaign Flagoff of the party.

Image
Akwa Ibom APC flags off campaign at Uyo township stadium. It is beautiful in our sights #AkwaIbomisAPC ONECampaignFlagOff #AkwaIbomAPCCampaigns @APCNigeria

Breaking: The Newly Appointed Inspector General of Police has ordered the disablement of F-SARS.

Mohammed Adamu, the new Inspector General of Police (IGP), has ordered the immediate disbandment of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (F-SARS), Special Investigative Panel and the Special Tactical Squad. This was disclosed in a tweet by Bashir Ahmad, the President's spokesman on New Media. In his tweet on Monday, Bashir wrote: "JUST IN: The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed A. Adamu, has ordered the immediate disbandment of the Federal SARS, Special Investigation Panel and Special Tactical Squad. Details @PoliceNG." 

Buhari the hope of the common man.

Majority of residents in Damaturu have taken a day leave to receive President Muhammadu Buhari of All Progressives Congress (APC) who is on a presidential campaign visit to the Yobe capital on Monday. The residents, who spoke to News Agency of Nigeria on Monday, said the one-day leave would afford them the opportunity to catch a glimpse of the president while in the state. Alhaji Aliyu Mustapha, a provision seller at Bayan Tasha Business Centre, said he had locked his shop until after the president’s visit. “I am going to the main road where he will be passing through so that I can catch a glimpse of the president,” he said. Habu Habibu, an electric materials dealer, said: “today we are on a self-declared holiday to welcome the president until after the visit.” “Everyone on our street has closed his shop to welcome the president; we are so proud of him to have restored relative peace to the Northeast,” he said. Mohammed AbdulRahman of Zanna Zakariya Housing Estate, s...

The ruling All Progressives Congress has frowned against the compulsion of its presidential candidate to attend the presidential debate.

Image
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said that its presidential candidate, President Muhammadu Buhari, was not under any compulsion to attend the presidential debate organised under the auspices of the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON). The party also described the visit of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar,  to the United State, as a non-issue, adding that for him to have waited for 12 years, only to sneak out like a fugitive to the US, was enough to confirm that all was not well with him. Speaking at a press conference yesterday in Abuja, the National Publicity Secretary of the APC, Mallam Lanre Isa-Onilu, said Buhari did not have to explain his absence from last Saturday’s presidential debate, because there are several other platforms available to him. He said it is an insult for anyone to expect the president to come to the level of the former vice president and others seeking powe...